BOI Company

The Office of the Board of Investment (BOI)

The Office of the Board of Investment is a government agency under the Office of the Prime Minister. Its core roles and responsibilities are to promote valuable investment, both investment into Thailand and Thai overseas investment.

The Board of Investment has changed the policy from business promotion by area or industrial estate to promotion by type of business which corresponds to the 10 target industries according to the Thailand 4.0 policy.

Investment Promotion Division

Agricultural, Bio and Medical Industries
Advanced Manufacturing Industries
Basic and Supporting Industries
Digital & Creative Industries and         High Value Services
BOI's Divisions
BOI Procedure

Fill out BOI application form online : (e-Investment Promotion)

Investment Promotion

Fill out BOI application forms: Promotion Acceptance

Form F GA CT 07

Accompanying Application for Promotion Certificate

Form F GA CT 08

Source: Thailand board of investment

Investment Privileges and Incentives

General Incentives

Tax Incentives and Privileges

Non-Tax Incentives and Privileges

Foreign Business License (FBL)

FBL in Thailand can be awarded to a Foreign company (majority of the company’s shares are owned by Non-Thais) or Foreign investors that wish to operate a business which is normally restricted to Foreign nationals under Thai Law.
If a Foreign company would like to apply for such a license they must first check in the “Foreign Business Act” to verify if the business type that they wish to operate is permitted by Thai Law. Some business types are wholly reserved for Thai Nationals.

Documents required

To incorporate your company in Thailand, you’ll need to provide the following documents:

  • Company name
  • Brief description of business activities
  • Copy of passport/ID card of director and shareholders with signed
  • Copy of passport/ID of every promoter(s) with signed
  • Copy of passport/ID card of 2 witness with signed
  • Office evidence
  • Bank certificate (for Thai shareholder)

If you are engaging the services of a professional service firm, they will typically require these documents from you in order to prepare the necessary paperwork.

  • For corporate entity shareholder(s): copy of company affidavit or incorporation document showing the company’s important details, such as registration number, company name, etc.

Types of business activities

Under the FBA, there are three types of business activities:

List 1 – Businesses not permitted to foreigners

List 2 – Businesses permitted to foreigners under certain conditions

List 3 – Businesses not yet permitted to foreigners

If Thai nationals hold the majority of shares in a company, it is considered as a Thai company and not subject to the FBA. Foreigners are allowed to hold up to 49% of the shares in a Thai company engaging in a restricted business.

In the case of a company with a majority of foreign shareholders, it is required to apply for the FBL to engage in restricted businesses.

Read more ...

Business Non License

Ministerial Regulation

 Ministerial Regulation Prescribing Service Businesses Which Do Not Require a Foreign Business License B.E. 2556 (2016)


By virtue of section 46 of the Foreign Business Act B.E. 2542 (1999) and Third Schedule (21) of the Foreign Business Act B.E. 2542 (1999), the Minister of Commerce hereby issues a Ministerial Regulation, as follows:

1) Securities business and other businesses under the law on securities and exchange

(a) Securities trading

(b) investment advisory

(c) underwriting of securities

(d) Securities borrowing and lending business

(e) mutual fund management

(f) Private Fund Management

(g) management of venture capital

(h) Providing credit for securities business

(i) being a financial advisor

(j) provision of services as a securities registrar

(k) maintenance of assets of securities companies Customers of derivatives business operators

(l) being a custodian of private funds

(m) being a mutual fund supervisor

(n) representation of the bondholders


(2) derivatives business under the law on derivatives

(a) being a derivatives trader

(b) Derivatives Consulting

(c) Derivatives Fund Manager


(3) conducting business as a trustee under the law on trust for transactions in the capital market;


For any questions, queries or advice about our tax and accounting services, please do not hesitate to contact us.

talk to us